T20 World Cup 2021: Indian team has talent, need to show maturity to win title: Sourav Ganguly

Image Source: AP

T20 World Cup 2021: Indian team has talent, need to show maturity to win title: Sourav Ganguly

BCCI President and former captain Sourav Ganguly on Saturday said that the Indian cricket team… Virat Kohli It has all the talent to be considered a legitimate contender for the T20 World Cup and it just needs to show a little maturity to claim the trophy.

India will begin their T20 World Cup campaign against arch-rivals Pakistan on October 24.

When asked what India needs to do, Ganguly said, “So, you don’t become champion easily and you don’t become champion just by stepping into a tournament, so they have to go through this process.” They have to show maturity.” to win the title.

The flamboyant former left-handed batsman quipped, “…they all have talent, they all have the skills to score runs and take wickets at this level. They have to be in a good mental place to win the World Cup.” Will happen.”

Ganguly said the team should focus on winning every match instead of targeting the title directly.

“… (d) the title is won only when the final is over. So, you have a lot of cricket to be played before that and I think India should focus on every game, India should win every game. And just take it from there and don’t think about the title in the beginning,” he said.

“They (India) will always be contenders in whatever competition they play and the challenge for them is to be at peace with themselves, focusing on the process rather than the results because the hardest thing and the worst thing to do is when you’re careful. Stay and you think I’m here to win the World Cup.

“… the important thing is to play the next ball that is out of hand and continue to do so until the final is reached,” he said.

The former captain was speaking at the launch of a fantasy app for the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup, a multi-game platform.

I’m seeing trends IPLIs Ganguly expecting a low-scoring T20 World Cup?

“No, no, I don’t think so,” she replied.

“Maybe in Sharjah it will be because of the wickets, but Dubai is a full belt, the (IPL) final played yesterday was a full belt.

“Abu Dhabi will be a great surface to bat on and it’s going to be a great World Cup,” the 49-year-old said.

According to Ganguly, fan engagement with the game is increasing.

“That’s why the sport is so big in this country, the fans, the people are so attached to this sport, every year you see IPL, international cricket, just getting better and better,” he said.

Ganguly also picked his own fanboy moment, which came in his first tour of Australia.

“It’s a tough question, I think when I first went to tour Australia with the Indian team in 1991, there were some great players in the dressing room, like Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkarand Mohammad Azharuddin, who was the captain of India at that time.

“So I think the first visit will always be my fanboy moment because I saw them all and my interest in cricket grew with the 1983 World Cup, in which Kapil Dev led India to victory for the first time.

“So from that point of view, that tour will probably be my first fanboy moment,” Ganguly signed off.

Leave a Reply