T20 World Cup 2021: Victory against India gave momentum to Pakistan, says Matthew Hayden

Image Source: Getty Images

File photo of Matthew Hayden.

Pakistan’s batting consultant Matthew Hayden believes arch-rivals India’s 10-wicket loss set the tone for their team in the ongoing T20 World Cup and highlights the players’ commitment to training and spirituality so far. Cited as the reasons for the superb unbeaten run.

With five wins from so many matches in the group stages, Pakistan are one of the strong contenders for the T20 World Cup and will take on Australia in the semi-finals here on Thursday.

Hayden, who was roped in as the batting consultant for the mega-event, heaped praise on the captain. Babar Azmi For showing amazing temperament and control during high pressure missions.

“Highlights…the first game we played here in Dubai, where we are playing against India last night, and how under immense pressure…only comparable Ashes Hayden told reporters at the pre-match press conference, how these boys handled their approach to playing such a big match so calmly and confidently.

“I think the sport has really set us up for four weeks of solid work, great commitment to training, great purpose in general…,” he said.

“…there’s also a wonderful heartfelt connection to Islam and how spirituality has played its part within the Pakistan team as a great guide and tool for everyone to come together,” Hayden said.

On Thursday, Hayden will face his former opening partner Justin Langer, who is Australia’s head coach. And he believes that his knowledge of Australian players and cricket culture will keep Pakistan in good stead.

“It is a very unusual feeling. As you all know, I was a crusader for Australian cricket over two decades, which gives me the benefit of having amazing insight into not only these players but also the culture of cricket in Australia , ” he said.

“I think it’s a challenge of the heart, a challenge of the mind in terms of what is going to happen in the next 24 hours from my point of view, but I would also say with great pride that it has been wonderful to be a part of Pakistan cricket, “They said.

Hayden feels that the title of T20 World Cup is very important for Pakistan, which has been denied hosting of international cricket for a long time due to security reasons.

“Yes, it’s an extremely important tournament for Pakistan… I think that as a country that loves cricket as much as it focuses so much on cricket, and those tournaments as well. Which I was a part of has been canceled due to many reasons, it has never been more important,” he said.

“…and the awareness has grown that from this great nation we have got a team of players here who are ready to perform and not only take on the semi-finals, but should we, inshallah, overtake , Final.”

Hayden praised Babur very much and said that his personality was completely opposite to that of India. Virat Kohli, a contemporary great of the game.

“Babur and his personality is what you see is what you get. He is very consistent. He is very stable. He is not overly flamboyant.

“In fact I would say he is almost the opposite personality of someone like Virat Kohli, who is very animated, very emotional and very enthusiastic on the field. Got great control, and he has an amazing temperament.” said.

“… to give you a sense of that talent, his ability to be able to react consistently to the ball is really second to none that I’ve seen. He picks up the line and length of the ball very quickly. The average cricketer who is getting around, and that’s a sign of someone who is a very good player.”

He also praised fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi and spoke of his dismissal. KL Rahul As one of the best he has ever seen.

“The number of those deliveries, however, could be devastating, as we saw from his delivery to KL Rahul, one of the best deliveries I have ever seen, apart from in this country and in the last two or three months. Have observed cricket.UAE.

“He has the ability to commit to amazing pace like every good strike bowler, which means his preparation, his recovery and his general ability, in general, to be able to focus on bowling the fast during the day. for. “