T20 World Cup, IND vs NAM: This is the right time for me to manage the workload, says Virat Kohli cricket news

Virat Kohli Said on Monday that it is the right time for him to step down from T20 International captaincy to manage his workload after failing to qualify for India. t20 world cup In a disappointing campaign, India ended their campaign with a nine-wicket victory over Namibia in their final Super 12 match thanks to half-centuries from Rohit Sharma (56) and KL Rahul (54 not out). “First of all the relief. As I said it is an honor, but things have to be put in the right perspective,” Kohli said at the post-match presentation ceremony.

“It was the right time for me to manage my workload. It’s been six-seven years of intense cricket every time we take the field and it takes a lot out of you.”

Kohli said that it was a lot of fun with the large number of players in the team. “We’ve done really well as a team. I know we haven’t gone very far in this World Cup, but we’ve had some good results in T20s and have enjoyed playing together.

“It’s a game of difference, T20 cricket. You talk about two overs of intended cricket in the first two games and things could have been different. Like I said, we weren’t brave enough. We are not such a team. Whoever gives an excuse throws up.”

He thanked the outgoing head coach Ravi Shastri and other support staff for their contribution to Indian cricket.

“Thank you so much to all those people, they have done a tremendous job keeping the group together all these years. Nice atmosphere with them, they were an extended part of our big family.

“He has also contributed a lot to Indian cricket. Many thanks to all of them on behalf of all of us.”

Asked if he will continue to show on-field intensity just like a player, he said, “That’s never going to change. If I can’t do that then I won’t play anymore. Even when I used to do that before.” The captain was not there. I was always curious to see where the game was going.

publicized

“I’m not going to stand around and do nothing.” On the rationale behind sending Suryakumar Yadav as the No. 3 batsman instead of him, Kohli said, “Surya didn’t get much time, it’s a T20 World Cup and I thought it was a good memory for him to take back.” can.

“As a young player you want to take back some good memories from the World Cup.”

Topics mentioned in this article