T20 World Cup: We want to keep calm and not think about past results, says Babar Azam Cricket News – Times of India

DUBAI: Pakistan is not sleeping with its poor record against India in the World Cup and is trying to keep calm and live in the present, captain Babar Azmi Said here on Saturday.
The two bitter enemies are sharing a rivalry, but Pakistan has never won against India at the greatest level, losing all their 12 matches in the T20 and 50-over World Cups.

in ICC t20 world cup Here on Sunday both the teams will face each other again.
“To be honest, we don’t want to focus on the past. We are looking forward to this World Cup. We will focus on our strength, ability and implement it that day,” Babar said in a pre-match press conference. .
“It’s important to keep things simple and stick to the fundamentals. We’ll try to play well.” Cricket And try to give better results,” the right-handed batsman, who is on a high this year with two T20I centuries, said.
Cross-border tensions between the neighbors meant that the two teams did not get a chance to play a bilateral series, with their last meeting being the 2019 ODI World Cup game in England.
Asked if he is having sleepless nights ahead of the big match, Babar said: “We have played many events, did well in the Champions Trophy.
“The more we keep it simple, the better. It’s about sticking to the basics and staying calm and relaxed.
“Our preparation is in our hands and we have given our 100 per cent. We look forward to playing good cricket that day.”
Believe in Malik to deal with spinners
In a bold decision, the Pakistan captain released the former captain Sarfaraz Ahmed, which led him to a Champions Trophy victory by beating India at The Oval in 2017, and has hailed the likes of veteran Shoaib Malik.
“Sarfaraz is a good spin player and he has good confidence to play against India. But we believed this would be our best XI for this match.
“Shoaib Malik also plays very well on the front foot and tackles spin well. That’s why we have picked him. Of course, Sarfaraz will get a chance in the coming matches,” the captain said.
Pakistan came into the main draw in the UAE with 10 consecutive wins and the 27-year-old said the mood in the camp is very positive.
“The first game is always important in a tournament and we will look for a good start and build the momentum.
“I have full faith in my group and our team combination is going well. We will take it match by match.”
Over the years, pace has been Pakistan’s strength, but Azam said that batting has been their main strength this time around.
“Every team has its strengths and weaknesses. Our team has always dominated the bowling. The bowlers always make you win matches and our bowlers are also in good shape and have done well in the Champions Trophy.”
“But this time, our main strength is our batting. The way our batsmen have been performing in the last few months, I am sure they will perform in the game against India as well.”

Leave a Reply